A Note From Wendy
As a second-generation REALTOR®; I know the value of “Building Bridges” among REALTORS®, within our Communities, Industry and Associations. As your 2021 NCR President, my focus will be to continue “Building Bridges” in order to strengthen our REALTOR® nation and create more efficient pathways to benefit you, our REALTOR® members.
Bridges are built with a vision, solid foundations and determination. I have the strong foundation and experience to serve on your 2020-2022 Leadership Team as an NCR Leadership Academy graduate and most recently serving on the NCR Finance Committee and as 2019 Legislative Chair. Additionally, I have served on many NCR standing committees, as an NCR Director, Director of Service Corp and Property Management Division Chair.
After working with NC REALTORS® and its members on the streets of hurricane ravaged neighborhoods and serving Habitat for Humanity; I was appointed to the NC Disaster Recovery Coalition by the Governor. Relationships with our legislatures, working side by side with our staff and fellow REALTORS®, and advocating on key issues such as orphan roads, insurance and property rights have been a longstanding passion of mine.
In the coming years, our industry and our communities will continue to face disruptors. We have the choice to respond or react to disruptors. Through preparation and diligence, we can face challenges as a united front. As a strong leader for NC REALTORS®, I will continue to spread the message that NC REALTORS® is here to support and protect our members, their local Associations, and property owners.
Your vote and support are appreciated in order to allow me to continue “Building Bridges” for NC REALTORS® by expanding our vision based on our solid foundation within our Association, Communities and Industry.
Wendy Harris is the second generation REALTOR® owner of Team Harris Real Estate and has been actively involved in real estate since 2001. She graduated from St. Andrews College in 1993 with a BA in International Business and minor in Spanish. She is a licensed broker, Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR), Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), and a Military Relocation Professional (MRP), Notary Public, and has hosted a live radio show for the past decade.
- NCR Legislative Committee, Chair 2019
- NCR Finance & Budget 2017-2019
- NAR Housing Opportunity Committee 2018-2019
- Harvard School of Business, Governing for Non-Profit Excellence Certification 2018
- Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity, President 2018-2019
- NCR Property Management Division, Chair 2018
- NCR REALTOR® Champion Award 2017
- NCR-Leadership Academy-Class of 2014, Commissioner 2016
- NCR By-Laws Committee 2016-2018
- NCR Service Corporation Board 2016-2018
- NCR State Political Coordinator 2014-2019
- NCR Home Owners Alliance 2013, 2018-2019
- NARPM (National Association of Property Managers-Professional Member 2015-2018
- LLPR (Longleaf Pine REALTORS®) 2013 President, Legislative Chair 2015-2018
- LLPR REALTOR® of the Year 2015
- LLPR President’s Award 2016
- LLPR REALTOR® Regional Service Award 2017