A Note From Wendy
As a second-generation REALTOR©; I know the value of “Building Bridges” among the REALTOR© community, within our communities we serve and our Industry. I want to continue “Building Bridges” with and for NC Realtors®.
Bridges are built with a vision, solid foundations and determination. I served my local Association, NC Realtors®. and NAR; most recently on NAR’s Housing Opportunity Committee. I have the strong foundation and experience to serve on your 2020-2022 Leadership Team; having served on many NCR standing committees, as an NCR Director, Director of Service Corp, Property Management Division Chair, 2019 Legislative Chair and as an NC Realtors® Leadership Academy graduate. I want to serve as your 2021 NCR President to continue “building bridges” to strengthen our REALTOR nation and create more efficient pathways to benefit our REALTOR® members.
After working with NC Realtors® and its members to walk the streets of hurricane ravaged neighborhoods and serving years with Habitat for Humanity; the NC Governor appointed me to the NC Disaster Recovery Coalition. Relationships with our legislatures – like Representative John Szoka and working side by side with our staff on key issues like orphan roads and housing have been a longstanding passion of mine.
In the coming years, our industry and our communities will continue to face disruptors. Disruptors in communities and industries can be difficult and alarming. We can choose to react or respond to issues no matter how dramatic. We may not be prepared for all of them, but we can choose whether to respond or react. In the face of disruption, some people sound the alarm and others get to work. I am the “get to work” type of leader.
Allow me to continue “Building Bridges” for NC Realtors® by expanding our vision based on our solid foundation within our Association, Communities and Industry.
Wendy Harris is the second generation broker owner of Team Harris Real Estate and has been actively involved in real estate since 2001. She graduated from St. Andrews College in 1993 with a BA in International Business and minor in Spanish. She is a licensed broker, Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR), Accredited Staging Professional (ASP), Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), and a Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA), Military Relocation Professional (MRP), Notary Public, and REALTOR®
- She has hosted a radio show on WFNC every Tuesday morning for the past decade.
- NAR Housing Opportunity Committee 2018-2019
- NCR (North Carolina REALTORS®)-REALTOR® Champion Award 2017
- NCR-Leadership Academy-Class of 2014, Commissioner 2016
- NCR Finance & Budget-Elected Board Member 2017
- MCR By-Laws Committee 2016-2018
- NCR Service Corporation-Elected Board Member 2016-2018
- NCR Legislative Committee-Member 2014, 2016, 2017, Vice-Chair 2018
- NCR Appointed SPC (State Political Coordinator)-2014-2019
- NCR HOA (Home Owners Alliance) Appointed Committee-Member 2013, 2018
- NARPM (National Association of Property Managers-Professional Member 2015-2018
- PMD (NCR Property Management Division) – Commissioner, Chair 2018
- LLPR (Longleaf Pine REALTORS®)-2013 President, Board of Dir., & Legislative Chair 2015-2018
- LLPR-REALTOR® of the Year 2015
- LLPR-President’s Award 2016
- LLPR-REALTOR® Regional Service Award 2017
- FAHBA (Fayetteville Area Home Builders Association)-Parade of Homes-Chair
- FAHBFH (Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity)-Past President, BOD, President 2018
- St. Andrews University Alumni Association-Past President, Member
- Fayetteville Cumberland Chamber of Commerce-Member
- Leadership Fayetteville-Graduate & Alumni Association-Past Chair
- International Business Coach & Consultant for Corcoran Consulting & Coaching 2010-2017
- Prior to this Wendy lived in Europe, England, Ecuador, Mexico, several states and on a sailboat. She worked in importation, distribution, retail, tourism, negotiated contracts for a singer, sold ice cream and pizza, and worked in a veterinarian clinic. She has even represented a micro-brewery.
In 2018, Wendy is looking forward becoming a Certified International Property Specialist, preparing to Chair NCR’s Legislative Committee, and announcing a run for President of NC REALTORS®.
For fun Wendy likes to scuba dive, garden, travel and generally stay busy until she is not…at which time she likes to be left alone in her own mind…a regular extrovert until she isn’t… 🙂